About ‘Innermost Learning’
We’re incredibly proud of the work of our registered charity, Innermost Learning. We focus on improving pregnancy education and care and support healthcare professionals and students by providing free educational symposia and events, continuing professional development activities, student bursaries, small research grants, resources and clinical placements. Our free events are open to everyone and we actively encourage members of the public to join us to debate the issues and share learning experiences from pregnancy, birth and baby loss.
Our main aims are:
- to develop and support professional healthcare education so that modern pregnancy care is based on safe, sound, evidence-based and affirming information
- to improve the support and information available for people to consider their choices and make decisions
- to work to address the fact that the UK still has one of the highest stillbirth rates in Europe
To date, we have delivered over 15 free educational events to over 2000 healthcare professionals, students, therapists, healthcare companies and members of the public
(t) 0345 230 3386 (via the Innermost Clinic)
Our Main Activity Programmes
- Events Programme: running free educational conferences and symposia for healthcare professionals; students; patients and the wider public
- Resources Programme: provision of information and resources to support patients and healthcare professionals in making evidence-based informed choices about their care
- Education Programme: provision of CPD activities; provision of grants and bursaries to support training, education and research and the provision of clinical placements to complement mainstream training
We are entirely funded by grants from local and national businesses and unsolicited donations from members of the public; we are extremely grateful to our loyal and committed supporters. In planning our activities, we keep in mind the Charity Commissions guidance on public benefit.
Our activity programmes are currently paused because of the coronavirus pandemic but we hope to resume in early 2022.