welcome to innermost healthcare
pregnancy care and scans, genetic testing, health and wellness
Our Health and Family – How our Genes can Help
Are you planning a family?
Interested in learning more about your predisposition to health conditions like cancer, heart disease, motor neurone disease or dementia?
Or in understanding what your family medical history means for you today?
Are you a clinician looking for targeted information and customised gene panels to help your patients with their treatment?
If you’re looking to take action, then our genetic screens and tests can help
Me and My Genes
what our genes can tell us about our health, now and in the future
Using just a small saliva sample, our partner laboratories in the USA, Europe and the UK will undertake comprehensive gene sequencing and then provide the test result about 3 weeks later in a clearly written report. The results can help to identify:
- if cancer screening should start earlier
- if lifestyle changes – or more – are advisable for certain heart conditions
- if sport, fitness and training activities and programmes should be modified
- medical treatment or plans for surgery
- proactive actions about conditions that run in a family
- vital information about planning a pregnancy, such as whether a genetic condition (often unknown) could be passed onto a baby.
Before having any screening test, it’s important to know as much as possible about the test itself. How will the testing process work? How are the results provided? What would happen next if the result shows a higher risk of a particular condition? Learn more about our service below.
Deciding whether or not to have a screening test is a personal choice and one which only you can make. We always recommend talking to your family, friends and your healthcare professionals before making your final decision.
If you choose genetic screening with us, this includes a pre-test telephone consultation with one of our clinical team to discuss the test and what’s involved. We’ll talk you through the process and how we’ll let you know about your results. For positive results, we can signpost you to specialist clinicians who can help further.
If you’re a clinician looking for tests for your patients, you can choose from 2 options – a ‘test plus pre-test consultation’ option or a ‘test only’ service if you provide patient support and counselling in-house. Custom gene panels are also available. Please contact us to discuss on 0345 230 3386.
You can browse detailed information about genetic testing – including brochures, FAQs and videos – on our partner laboratory websites, just click on the links below. We work directly with these laboratories for patient testing and also work with them to deliver patient and clinician support resources such as webinars, teaching materials and distribution infrastructure.
Natera (Horizon Test)
Datar Genetics (TruCheck)
Purchase your test online or by phone on 0345 230 3386. If you book online, we’ll call you to schedule your pre-test consultation at a time convenient to you. Patients or guardians must be over 18 to give consent and book testing.
- All genetic screens listed here include the test, prepaid UK postage and pre-test consultation. You’ll be able to discuss your results with your GP or choice of healthcare professional and we can also help to signpost you to relevant specialist clinicians.
- Carrier screening includes the test, prepaid UK postage, pre-test consultation and post-test counselling from a UK-based Consultant in Fetal Medicine.