Take Action Based on Your DNA
Hereditary Genetic Testing to Help You Take Control of Your Health
Are you planning a family? Or interested in learning more about your predisposition to health conditions like cancer, heart disease, motor neurone disease or dementia – or understanding what your family medical history means for you today? Are you a clinician looking for targeted information and customised gene panels to help your patients with their treatment? Our genetic testing can help.
Using just a small saliva sample, our partner laboratories in the USA and UK will undertake comprehensive gene sequencing and then provide the test result about 3 weeks later in a clearly written report. The results can help to identify:
- if cancer screening should start earlier
- if lifestyle changes – or more – are advisable for certain heart conditions
- if sport, fitness and training activities and programmes should be modified
- medical treatment or plans for surgery
- proactive actions about conditions that run in a family
- vital information about planning a pregnancy, such as whether a genetic condition (often unknown) could be passed onto a baby.
Before having any screening test, it’s important to know as much as possible about the test itself. How will the testing process work? How are the results provided? What would happen next if the result shows a higher risk of a particular condition?
Deciding whether or not to have a screening test is a personal choice and one which only you can make. We always recommend talking to your family, friends and/or your healthcare professionals before making your final decision.
If you choose genetic screening with us, this includes a pre-test telephone consultation with one of our clinical team to discuss the test and what’s involved. We’ll talk you through the process and how we’ll let you know about your results. Our hereditary cancer screening tests also include optional post-test counselling with a UK-based Consultant in Genetics or a Genetics Counsellor if your result is positive. For positive results from our other screening tests, we will signpost you to specialist clinicians who can help.
If you’re a clinician looking for tests for your patients, you can choose from 2 options – a ‘test plus pre-test consultation’ option or a ‘test only’ service if you provide patient support and counselling in-house. Custom gene panels are also available. Please contact us to discuss on 0345 230 3386.
Call our Clinic on 0345 230 3386
You can also browse detailed information about genetic testing – including brochures, FAQs and videos – on our partner laboratory websites, just click on the links below. We have direct contracts in place with the Color, Invitae and Natera laboratories and also work with them to deliver patient and clinician support resources such as webinars, teaching materials and distribution infrastructure.
Post-Test Counselling for Hereditary Cancer Tests
If your hereditary cancer test result is positive, our tests include a free post-test counselling session with a Consultant in Cancer/Medical Genetics or a Genetic Counsellor
Purchase your test online or by phone on 0345 230 3386. If you book online, we’ll call you to schedule your pre-test consultation at a time convenient to you. Patients or guardians must be over 18 to give consent and book testing.
- Invitae Genetic Health Screen (145+ Gene)£400
- Invitae Multi Cancer (84 Gene)£400
- Invitae Breast Cancer (9 Gene)£400
- Invitae BRCA 1 & 2 Cancer (2 Gene)£400
- Invitae Cardio Screen (77 Gene)£300
- Color Extended (Cancer, Cardio, Meds)£300
- Color 30 Cancer£300
- Invitae Carrier ScreenFrom £350
- Natera Horizon Carrier ScreenFrom £350
- Trucheck Intelli Multi Cancer Screening Test£999
- All hereditary cancer genetic screens listed here include the test, prepaid UK postage, pre-test consultation and post-test counselling from a UK-based Consultant in Genetics or Genetics Counsellor if the result is positive.
- All other genetic screens listed here include the test, prepaid UK postage and pre-test consultation. As these are proactive screening tests, you’ll be able to discuss your results with your GP or choice of healthcare professional and we can help to signpost you to relevant specialist clinicians
- Carrier screening includes the test, prepaid UK postage, pre-test consultation and post-test counselling from a UK-based Consultant in Fetal Medicine.