Miscarriage Care and Support
Here at Innermost, we’ve helped over 20,000 parents since we started. We celebrate with many; we also walk each step with those who have lost babies due to miscarriage. It happens more often than we might think; about 1 in 6 of all pregnancies (15%) end in miscarriage. Yet talking about baby loss and about trying for another baby is sometimes the most difficult thing to do.
After a miscarriage or an ectopic pregnancy, it’s important to know about the risk factors for it happening again. Factors such as maternal age (affecting ovarian function) and the previous number of miscarriages (there is a slight increase in the risk of miscarriage in a subsequent pregnancy following one or even two previous miscarriages) are both risk factors in any subsequent pregnancy.
About 50 out of every 100 women with recurrent miscarriage (the loss of 3 or more consecutive pregnancies) have an underlying reason for it, although we may not always be able to find out what it is or treat it. However, careful and methodical testing can find potential risk factors, many of which can be treated.
We offer a range of specialist tests, investigations and early pregnancy support if you’ve had previous miscarriages or you’re concerned for your current or future pregnancy. We also offer emergency scans if you have pain, bleeding or you’re worried. Most of our patients choose to start their care with us by having a specialist consultation to talk through their experience and consider all of the available options.
- BabyReAssure Package£500Specifically designed for those seeking reassurance care in early pregnancy
- Specialist Miscarriage Consultation£300Consultation with Dr Bryan Beattie to discuss miscarriage/recurrent pregnancy loss and concerns and to plan tests or treatment & management in subsequent pregnancies (price includes a follow up consultation for results of tests & investigations)
- Recurrent Miscarriage Complete Package (blood tests)£1500Blood tests looking for all of the risk factors for miscarriage
- Chromosomes (per person)£300A blood test to check the chromosomes or karyotype.
- Anora Pregnancy Loss Test£550Helps to determine if there is a genetic cause for a miscarriage
- Invitae Pregnancy Loss Test£450Helps to determine if there is a genetic cause for a miscarriage