BioArray Genetic Carrier Screening Test
The BioArray Genetic Carrier Screening Test is a blood test to identify carriers of autosomal recessive genetic conditions such as Cystic Fibrosis, Fragile-X, Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA), Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy (DMD). It looks for mutations in 420 different genes. Reporting tine is 3-4 weeks.
It is useful for those planning a pregnancy or who are currently pregnant who are concerned about the chance of an affected baby. If both parents are carriers then there is a 1 in 4 chance of an affected baby and either prenatal or newborn diagnostic testing is possible. In some cases it may not be obvious that the baby is affected without this carrier information.
WHAT IS THE BIOARRAY CARRIER SCREENING PANEL ADVANCE?
The BioArray Genetic Carrier Screening Panel Advance is a genetic test which examines mutations in 420 genes, including CNVs, which are responsible for recessive and x-linked hereditary pathologies.
WHO IS IT AIMED AT?
- The General Public: Couples with no particular clinical issues in their family medical history who, in a preconceptional context, would like to know their probability of conceiving a child affected by a recessive hereditary disease or disorder.
- Couples in which there is consanguinity eg first cousins and, therefore, a greater risk of conceiving a child with a recessive disease.
- People of ethnic backgrounds in which certain recessive diseases prevail.
- Couples which are going to undertake Assisted Reproduction procedures, in order to complement their diagnostic studies.
- In Assisted Reproduction Clinics, this test can be used to select the most suitable sperm/oocyte donors and reduce the risk of transmitting recessive hereditary diseases.
WHY CHOOSE BIOARRAY
- THE CARRIER PANEL WITH THE GREATEST COMPATIBILITY IN THE MARKET: 420 GENES.
- AUTOMATIC INCLUSION OF DELETIONS AND DUPLICATIONS (CNVs) IN HIGHLY PREVALENT GENES.
- COMPACT AND HIGHLY DIDACTIC REPORTS FOR PATIENTS. TURNAROUND TIME: 21 DAYS.
BIOARRAY ADVANCE HIGH FRECUENCY
The BioArray Genetic Carrier Screening Panel Advance is based on the same 420 genes but the report includes only those genes with the highest frequency (over 1 / 100) and Fragile-X, being ideal for genetic screening of gamete donors. Then in the case of requiring a subsequent donor-recipient matching, the analysis would be carried out with the full information from the 420 genes.
Parque Científico y Empresarial de la UMH Edificio Quorum III Elche (Alicante), Spain
Te. +34 966 682 500 Fax: +34 966 682 501 firstname.lastname@example.org