CancerTrack Cancer Monitoring Test
CancerTrack ™ Cancer Monitoring Test from Datar Cancer Genetics is a non-invasive blood based investigation that detects cancer derived biomarkers with ultra-high precision, specificity and reliability. Cancertrack TM can be used to monitor the disease /recurrence or changes in the tumour characteristics, as often as necessary, without the cost, risk and consequences of radiation from scans, hospitalisation, anaesthesia or painful surgical biopsies.
Who is the CancerTrack Cancer Monitoring Test for?
- Anybody who has a newly diagnosed cancer as a supplement to normal biopsy to provide a baseline measurement of cell-free tumour DNA and CTC before starting cancer treatment
- Anybody who has cancer and is having cancer treatment
- Anybody who has had cancer and in cancer remission
- Anybody who has had cancer in the past and is a cancer survivor
About CancerTrack Cancer Monitoring Test
A blood test is analysed to track down DNA and RNA released by cancer cells in the blood.
- Unique, unprecedented capability to detect cancerous activity even when not visible on imaging
- Enables real-time rapid response to the changes in the tumour characteristics of a patient’s cancer
- Safe, simple and cost-effective – no radiation exposure
- Rapid lab results within 2 weeks
- Tests all active disease sites
- Limits of detection is 0.1% Mutant Allele Frequency
Optimally by monitoring for early signs of recurrence or changes in the cancer, the treatment is always one step ahead of the cancer. Cancertrack™ ensures real-time monitoring to detect genetic changes in the tumour at an early stage. Clinically relevant mutations can thereby be monitored, or medication can be changed if necessary.
In the event of a positive/ actionable result then follow up investigations or therapy may be required. These may not be covered by the NHS or health insurance providers and so as a support, Datar Cancer Genetics can provide an oncologist at a separate cost if necessary.