Invitae Pregnancy Loss Miscarriage Genetic Test
Invitae’s chromosomal microarray analysis (CMA) for pregnancy loss is DNA-based test on products of conception following a pregnancy loss such as miscarriage or stillbirth and delivers results in more than 92.4%1 of cases in as soon as 10-12 days, on average. No cell culture is required.
Uncover the cause of recurrent miscarriage
Approximately one in five clinically recognized pregnancies ends in miscarriage – Of first-trimester pregnancy losses, more than 50% are due to a fetal chromosomal abnormality.
Find answers about an intrauterine fetal demise (IUFD) or stillbirth – Invitae testing can help determine the cause of second and third-trimester loss to give patients answers to their hardest question: why.
Benefits of microarray testing
- Better suited for the analysis of pregnancy loss tissue
- Can be performed on formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded samples
- No cell culture required
- Simultaneously detects maternal cell contamination without a maternal blood sample
- Readily detects triploidy and molar pregnancies
- Covers more bases to help prevent unnecessary testing
- Allows for appropriate medical management and recurrence risk counseling
Microarray vs. karyotyping
|Percentage of cases where results are obtained||>92.4%1||60-80%1-3|
|Cell culture required||No (DNA-based)||Yes (frequent cell culture failure)|
|Can be performed on formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded samples?||Yes||No|
|Detects submicroscopic gains and losses||Yes||No|
|Detects submicroscopic imbalances and molar pregnancy||Yes||No|
|Detects maternal cell contamination||Yes||No|
|Turnaround time||10-12 days on average||≥2 weeks (if culture is successful)|
NO LONGER AVAILABLE IN UK – PLEASE PHONE US ON 0345 2303386 OR EMAIL OFFICE@INNERMOSTHEALTHCARE.COM AS WE AN PROVIDE THIS TEST VIA A DIFFERENT LABORATORY. See Natera Anora test.